Badminton was first part of the Asian Games in 1962, and has been on the program ever since. Initially six events were held: singles, doubles and team events for both men and women. In 1966, a mixed doubles event was added to the program.
- There was a demonstration of badminton at the 1958 Asian Games.
- In 1962, there was a playoff between the two semifinal losers to determine the bronze medal winners, however in 1966, 1970, and from 1978 onwards, two bronze medals per event are awarded in each event.
- Badminton at the Olympics
- Badminton at the Commonwealth Games
- About the sports of the Asian Games
- More about the Asian Games
- About the Sport of Badminton
Any comments, suggestions, or corrections? Please let us know.