Basque pelota (pelota in Spanish, pilota in Basque and Catalan, or pelote in French) is known as the fastest sport in the world. A Basque pelota tournament was contested at only one Olympic Games, in 1900 in Paris. Only two teams competed, so only one match was played, on 14 June. The winner was Spain over France, the score unknown.
- Spain (Amezola and Villota)
- France (Maurice Durquetty and Etchegaray)
Basque pelota also made a comeback of sorts, being played as demonstration sport in the 1924 (men), 1968 (men) and 1992 (men and women) Games. See more about Basque pelota as an Olympic demonstration sport.
- More about the sport of Basque Pelota
- Basque Pelota as a Olympic demonstration sport
- Video of Basque Pelota being played