Military Patrol Winter Olympic Demonstration Sport
Military Patrol was a demonstration sport at the 1928, 1936 and 1948 Olympic Games. It was also an official sport at the first Winter Olympics in 1924. The military patrol competition involved 25 km cross-country skiing and rifle shooting, with teams of four (the patrol). The rules were very similar to modern biathlon.
1924, official sport
In 1928, the event was held on February 12, with 36 participants from 9 countries. The event was won by a team from Norway.
In 1936, the event was held on February 12. The event was won by a team from Italy.
In 1948, the event was held on February 8. The event was won by a team from Switzerland.
- Biathlon at the Winter Olympics.
- Military Patrol the discontinued Olympics event
- More on Winter Olympic Games demonstration sports
- More Demonstration Olympic Sports
- More about the Winter Olympic Games