There are 72 member countries in the Commonwealth Games Federation, despite the commonwealth of Nations having only 54 members. The higher number of competing nations is because the four UK Home Nations send separate teams to the Commonwealth Games, as do individual British Crown Dependencies, several British overseas territories, the Australian external territory of Norfolk Island, and two non-sovereign states in free association with New Zealand, the Cook Islands and Niue. Only six of these teams have attended every Commonwealth Games - Australia, Canada, England, New Zealand, Scotland and Wales.
- Countries List (alphabetical) — a list of all participating countries and the abbreviation used
- Countries List (by region) — a list of all participating countries sorted by the region of the world.
- Past Participating Countries and Territories — a list of regions that have once been part of the Commonwealth and/or Commonwealth Games.
- Possible Future Participants — territories of the Commonwealth that may one day send athletes to compete at the Commonwealth Games.
- Trivia — facts and figures about the countries that have participated in the Games throughout the ages.
- Want to find out about a specific country? Country specific information and trivia for all nations is available - please follow the links from the countries list above.