In celebration of the 2016 Rio Olympics, the Australian Mint released a limited edition six piece commemorative coin set.
- 12 million $2 coins were released exclusively through Woolworths supermarkets and the Australian Mint.
- The collection includes five Australian Olympic coins, each designed to showcase one of the Olympic Rings, and one Australian Paralympic coin.
- The five Olympic Games coins are each colored matching the colors of the Olympic flag
- The coins incorporate motifs of the 32 sporting disciplines
- The Paralympic coin features a wheelchair in motion and the colors associated with the Australian Paralympic Team
- The Paralympic coin is Australia's first-ever multicolored $2 coin.
- The coins are made out of the same metal as the standard $2 coins(aluminium bronze).
- London 2012 Coin Collections
- Collecting Olympic Memorabilia
- Collector Sporting Coins
- Olympic Pin Collecting
- The Online Memorabilia Store.
- About the 2016 Rio Olympics
Any comments, suggestions, or corrections? Please let us know.