Home of Sports Nutrition
For the athlete or coach, this site has a huge collection of sports nutrition advice, and best of all - it's for free! Please have a good look around the site - there is heaps more that you may find of interest. See also the sections on Nutrition for Health and Weight Loss.
- Sports Drinks for Runners [Nov '16]
- Protein for Runners [Dec '16]
- Nitrates [Dec '16]
- Sports Nutrition Tips [Nov '16]
- Olympic village food hall at 1952 Olympics [July '16]
- Vitamin D and Sports Performance [Apr '16]
- Building Muscle: Do You Need Supplements? [Feb '16]
- Milk for rehydration and recovery [Feb '16]
- Olympic village food hall at Tokyo Olympics [Dec '15]
- individualized diet plan [Aug '14]
- food service at the Glasgow Commonwealth Games 2014 [Jul '14]
- Nutrition for Dance [Feb '14]
Complete Sports Nutrition
- Weight Control — for many athletes, the greatest nutritional concern is body weight, whether making weight in the short term, or losing or gaining a few extra pounds.
- Nutrients — each of the major food nutrients play a role in the diet of athletes.
- Hydration— It is important to get enough fluids before competition and training, but also it is important to re-hydrate after exercise to aid recovery.
- Supplements — For the extra edge, you may need to supplement your diet, but it is not a simple decision.
- Fuel for Exercise — when preparing for an event, you need to know what to eat or drink before, during or after your event.
- Health — it is important for all athletes to stay healthy.
- Sport Specific — Whatever your sport, when preparing for an event, you need to know what to eat.
- Out & About — a successful athlete may be required to travel for their sport, and there are many nutritional considerations for this.
- Resources — more information about sports nutrition.