Benefits of Stretching
Being flexible is very important part of overall fitness. There is a long held belief that by increasing flexibility by stretching reduces injuries. Not all research has supported this, but it is hard not to believe it and there are many other benefits of stretching that make it very worthwhile.
Not only will possibly be less prone to injury, you will be better able to perform the sports that you play. You will have a greater range of motion - you can reach further, bend and pick up the ball easier, kick higher and a whole range of other things.
The listed benefits of stretching include:
- enhanced physical fitness
- enhanced ability to learn and perform skilled movements
- enhanced dynamic range of motion during activities
- increased mental and physical relaxation
- enhanced development of body awareness
- reduced risk of injury to joints, muscles, and tendons
- reduced muscular soreness
- reduced muscular tension
Related Pagescomments powered by Disqus