Discontinued Winter Olympic Sports
In addition to the large list of sports that were once part of the Summer Olympic Games, there are also many that were once part of the Winter Olympics that are no more. There have also been some sports which are now part of the Winter Olympics, that started off as part of the Summer Olympic Games before there was such a thing as the Winter Olympic Games.
Discontinued Winter Sports
There are many sports that were once part of the Winter Olympics that are now discontinued. Here are just some of the sports or events that were once part of the Winter Olympics.
- Military patrol (a precursor to the biathlon) was a medal sport in 1924. It was also a demonstration sport in 1928, 1936 and 1948.
- In figure skating, an event called Men's special figures was on the program only once in 1908.
- Alpinism - An Olympic Alpinism Prize was awarded in 1924, 1932 and 1936 for the most notable alpinism feat accomplished during the previous four years.
- Winter Demonstration Sports
- Winter Sports at the Summer Olympics
- More about the Winter Olympic Games
- See the full list of Discontinued Games Events