For entry into defense force units or the police or fire department, you are usually required to pass a physical fitness test of some sort, and once you are recruited, there are regular tests that must be completed. Here are descriptions of the entry requirements and ongoing fitness tests for some of these departments in New Zealand.
- Index to all workplace assessments
- General Workplace Assessment Tests
- Videos of forces fitness testing
- Poll: Should women have the same fitness testing standards as men?
- About Sport in New Zealand