US Navy Seals Physical Fitness Test
Navy SEAL Physical Screening Tests (PST)
Prospective candidates for the USA Navy Seals program must meet these minimum requirements in order to gain entry to the Navy SEALs training program, known as BUD/S (Basic Underwater Demolition/SEALs).
- 500-yard swim — swim the 500 yard distance as fast as possible, using only the combat swimmer stroke, sidestroke or breaststroke. The minimum standard 12 min 30 seconds.
- Push-ups — maximum number in 2 minutes. The minimum standard 50.
- Sit-ups — maximum number in 2 minutes. The minimum standard 50.
- Pull-ups — maximum number, no time limit. The minimum standard 10.
- 1.5-mile timed run — run the distance wearing boots and pants in the shortest time. The minimum standard 10:30
For the most up to date information, you should consult official Navy Seals documents
- Testing procedures for the US Marines, Coast Guard and the US Navy.
- Breath Holding — How long can you hold your breath? An old test for assessing aerobic fitness.
- Testing in other armed forces and similar services.
- Videos of forces fitness testing
- Poll: Should women have the same fitness testing standards as men?