Endurocross, also known as indoor enduro, is a sport of the motorcycle discipline. It is a hybrid sport, with a combination of elements from Supercross, Enduro, and Trials. Endurocross races are much faster than Trials, and are slower than supercross races.
Races are usually conducted in indoor arenas, that are similar in size to that of a basketball or hockey stadiums. The indoor tracks used for endurocross are designed to have various obstacles that resemble outdoor obstacles, like hard rocks, boulders, fallen trees, mud, and water bodies. There are also other obstacles like giant sized tires along the course. The obstacles used vary significantly for each race.
In endurocross races, points are awarded to riders based on how they tackle the obstacles, and the total time taken to complete the course. The rider with the most points at the end of the race is declared as the winner.
The sport debuted as an experimental race at a Trial racing event in 2000 in Barcelona. Currently, AMA EnduroCross Championship, an annual event is conducted separately for the sport. Endurocross has also been included in the X Games event conducted annually. Transworld motocross conducts an annual endurocross series with eight races in North America.
- Supercross — an indoor dirt-bike racing sport that evolved from Motocross, using specifically built indoor dirt tracks.
- Enduro — a motorcycle sport with main objective to traverse a series of checkpoints, arriving exactly at a predetermined time. The courses are usually run over thick wooded terrain, sometimes with large obstacles.
- Motorcycle Trials — a test of skill on a motorcycle whereby the rider attempts to cover rocky terrain without placing a foot on the ground. The winner is the rider with the least penalty points. Known in the US as "Observed Trials"
- Rally Racing (motorbike) — a navigation event on motorbikes on public roads whereby competitors must visit a number of checkpoints in diverse locations while still obeying road traffic laws.
- about Motorsports (general)
- About Motorcycle Sports
- Complete list of sports
- The Encyclopedia of Sports