What do you think is the world's fittest sport?
Here are the results of a poll which asked which sport has the greatest overall demands of fitness (not necessarily the sport with the fittest athlete). The results are based on 261 votes. I listed 15 of the sports that are usually considered to be the fittest, though in retrospect there are a few others that should have been on the list such as motocross, which probably accounts for the high number of 'other' votes.
This poll has been a basis of the competition to determine the World's Fittest Sport, this time many more sports are included.
What did you consider as the world's fittest sport?
Disclaimer: These polls are not scientific, and only reflect the opinion of visitors to this website who have chosen to participate.
- Latest poll about the World's Fittest Sport
- Discussion about the World's Fittest Sport
- Competition to determine the World's Fittest Sport.
- More fitness polls
Commenting is closed on this page, though you can read some previous comments below which may answer some of your questions.
- I think F1 racing should be up there. The amount of stamina and fitness required to sustain a driver when encountering such huge G-forces regularly is bound to be high. They also have some of the sharpest reflexes in the sporting world I'm sure. People don't think you have to be super fit to drive a modern F1 car, but chances are not one person off the street could jump in one and last 60-70 laps of a circuit on their first go. (from Ross H, Feb 2013)
- Motocross is a very fit sport. (from Ryan pedrelli, June 2012)
- They all require a high level of performance, intensity, and 100% focus, but I believe futbol is top 2. (from JDV, Jan 2012)
- Other: Ballet 21%. ballet wins (from Sally Kelly, Nov 2011)
- Crossfit Endurance, Sealfit (from Johnny, Oct 2011)
- motocross is the most fittest sport - its been proven in studies (from Nick, July 2011)