France's National Institute of Sport and Physical Education was created in 1975 from the merger of the INS (the National Institute of Sport) and ENSEP (L'École Normale Supérieure d'Éducation Physique). It changed its name in November 2009 to The National Institute of Sport and Physical Education (Institut national du sport et de l'éducation physique). It is commonly known as INSEP.
At INSEP the athletes of the 27 poles of France have access to multiple specific sports facilities of the highest quality: INSEP has a set of outdoor fields and indoor sports facilities to serve France's top athletes and their preparation for sporting excellence.
While INSEP is an acronym of the French Institut national du sport et de l'éducation physique, the institute is also sometimes referred to in English as the National Institute of Sport, Expertise and Performance, which also fits the same acronym.
- Address: 11, avenue du Tremblay, 75012 Paris, France
- Website: http://www.insep.fr
- Other elite sporting centers around the world
- Sport in France
- Sport Science Courses in Europe
- Please contact me if you have more information or something to add.