Funny Names of Sports
Just the names of these sports is enough to put you off playing them.
- Western Pleasure — a horse show competition in which horses are evaluated for their manners and composure.
- Stoolball — not what you may be thinking, this is a very old sport that resembles cricket, and was traditionally played by milkmaids who used their milking stools as the "wicket". Not to be confused with the game called stoolball played by the prisoners-of-war at Colditz castle during World War II.
- Broomball — a type of hockey in which the ball is hit with an implement they call a broom, obviously. There is another hockey type game Floorball, played on the floor, and don't forget Gateball, a type of croquet in which balls are hit through gates.
- Fistball — this sport conjures up images I would not write about, but in fact it is not that violent, a European sport similar to volleyball where players try to hit a ball over a net.
- Airsoft — sounds like a nice gentle game, but in actual fact requires shooting small plastic bullets in battlefield scenarios.
- Funny names of unusual sports
- Complete List of Sports
- Unusual Sports List — some of these are pretty funny.
- sport-specific fun — fun for lots of sports.
- Sport Names in Other Languages