The Netherlands Antilles took part at the Winter Olympic Games in 1988 and 1992 and did not win a medal. In 2011, the Netherlands Antilles was dissolved, forming the territories of Curaçao and Sint-Maarten, which themselves are not eligible for inclusion into the Olympics as independent nations. Athletes from this region will participate as either part of Aruba or The Netherlands.
During the 1988 Winter Calgary Olympic Games, the Caribbean country which is also called the Dutch Antilles, sent a two-man bobsleigh team composed of Bart Carpentier Alting and Bart Drechsel which placed 29th. Bart Carpentier Alting also competed in luge and placed 36th.
- About Sport in Netherlands Antilles
- The Netherlands at the Winter Olympics
- Netherlands Antilles at the Summer Olympics
- More Winter Olympics Countries
- Winter Olympics main page.