The Greatest Boxer at the Olympic Games
Who is the greatest Boxer of all time based on Olympic Games performances? We have used a weighted total medal count of each male Boxer from all modern Olympic Games to rank their overall performance, using data from all Olympics including the Tokyo 2020 Games.
The best all-time performing Boxers at the Olympic Games is tied with László Papp, Félix Savón and Teófilo Stevenson all with three gold medals. See the table below to see how other athletes ranked.
Top Olympic Games Boxers
Here are the top ranked athletes from the sport of Boxing for performances at all Olympiads, using the Topend Sports Weighted Ranking System to order the athletes, awarding points for both gold (6 points) and other medals (silver 2 pts, bronze 1 pt). Making the list is all boxers who have won at least three medals.
Table: The Top Ranked Athletes from Boxing at the Olympic Games (1986-2021)
- List of the best athlete from each Olympic sport
- The greatest ever Olympic athlete
- About Olympic Medal Ranking Systems
- medal tables from all Olympic Games
- Why isn't boxing shown on TV during the Olympics? There is an overabundance of swimming. (from Joe trocki, 5 Aug 2012)