2012 London Paralympic Games
2012 Paralympic Games were held between 29 Aug- 9 Sept 2012, starting 17 days after the London Olympic Games.
The Games involved a record 4,237 athletes from 164 countries who took part in 503 medal events across 20 sports and 21 disciplines.
A cumulated global audience of 3.8 billion watched the Games, whilst 2.78 million tickets were sold, making the Paralympics the third-biggest sporting event in the world behind the Olympics and FIFA World Cup.
- South African Oscar Pistorius (aka the 'Blade Runner') became the first double amputee to take part in both the Olympics and Paralympics. He competed in the 400m and the 4 x 400 m relay races at the Olympics.
- Host Cities of the Paralympics
- Medal Tally at the 2012 London Paralympics
- About the Paralympics
- London 2012 Summer Olympics
- The next Paralympics will be held in Rio 2016.
- About Sport in the UK