Collecting sporting memorabilia is a popular pastime, whether you collect objects related to sport such as pins and coins, or you collect objects that have been part of sports such as signed balls and uniforms.
- Sporting Books and Programs [Nov '23]
- Valuing Sports Memorabilia [Apr '23]
- Reasons people collect [Apr '23]
- Collecting Signatures [Nov '22]
- FIFA World Cup Collectibles [Aug '22]
- Collecting for Events [Aug '22]
- Collecting for Sports [Aug '22]
- Collecting Clothing [May '22]
- Collecting Sports Toys [May '21]
- Collecting Olympic Medals [Apr '21]
Some people collect for the thrill of the chase, for the pleasure in owning these objects, for the aesthetics of the objects or for investment and making money.
Making lots of money from you collection should not be at the forefront of your mind - collect for the enjoyment, and hopefully your collection will become valuable over time.
My collection of sporting objects includes pins, coins, old programs, books and cards, though anything related to sports are of interest. On this section of the site I have listed some information that may be of interest to the collector, as well as details of some of my collection.
- Cards — sporting collector cards.
- Coins — about sporting coin collections.
- Pins — information about this particular branch of collecting.
- Medallions — some objects from my sporting medallion collection.
- Stamps — sports are a common topic of postage stamp designs.
- Balls — information about collecting baseball and other sporting balls.
- Books & Programs — both rare and vintage items as well as contemporary editions
- Clothing — about collecting athlete's clothing such as playing shirts and hats.
- Autographs — an athlete's signature on its own can be worth something, add it to another collectible item and the value shoots up.
- Toys and Games — information about collecting sporting toys such as action figures.
- Collecting Sports Footwear — one-offs or rare, endorsed, signed or worn by elite players.
- Sports — collectibles related to a particular sport, like baseball.
- Events — collectibles related to a particular sporting event, such as the Olympics or FIFA World Cup.
- Online store — books and cards for sale.
- Books — books for sale about collecting for sports.
What may be collected?
Here are just some of the things that may be collected by the sports fan. You can collect whatever you want!
pins, coins, old programs, books, collector cards, balls, equipment, medals, stamps, caps, clothing, footwear, signatures, entry tickets, score books, posters, programs, games, figurines, flags, old photos, banners, flags ...