The abdominal skinfold site is one of the common locations used for the assessment of body fat using skinfold calipers. See the complete list of skinfold sites, and the general procedure for taking skinfold measurements.
Other Abdominal Skinfold Sites
- Variations of this measurement site has the measurement taken 1 cm, 2 cm and 1 inch to the right side of the umbilicus. Another is 3 cm lateral to the midpoint of the umbilicus and 1 cm inferior to it. Also note that the skinfold is sometimes taken with a horizontal fold.
- This site is also occasionally known as the paraumbilical skinfold site.
- International Standards for Anthropometric Assessment (2001) published by The International Society for the Advancement of Kinanthropometry (ISAK)
- All skinfold sites
- Skinfold measurement procedure
- About body composition tests
- Skinfold Results
- Waist Girth Measurement.
- Videos of Anthropometric Tests including Skinfold Testing.
- Do you have an innee or an outee?