This category of beach sports includes all the organized sports of the world that are played on the beach, or at least on a sand surface. Some are just field sports that have been adapted to the sandy surface of the beach, while others have developed independently as suited for the beach environment.
Beach Team Sports
- Beach Basketball — a version of basketball played on sand with two teams of three players.
- Beach Handball — a variation of Team Handball, played on sand instead of indoors. This sport is sometimes called Sandball.
- Beach Rugby — a version of rugby played on the sand.
- Beach Soccer — similar to association football but played on a beach or sand.
Beach Net Sports
- Beach Tennis — a sport which has elements from tennis and volleyball, and played on the beach.
- Matkot — a beach paddle sport from Israel which is very similar to beach tennis.
- Beach Volleyball— A version of Volleyball played on and with teams of two players, in which a ball is hit by hand over a high net, the aim being to score points by making the ball reach the ground on the opponent's side of the court.
- Footvolley — like beach volleyball though you can only use your feet.
Other Beach Sports
- Beach Woodball — a version of Woodball played on sand which involves using a mallet to pass a ball through gates.
- Beach Wrestling — a standing up position style of wrestling conducted on beach sand.
- Sandboarding — involves sliding on sand while on board.
Sports Played in the Surf
- Surf Kayaking — involves surfing in the ocean using a kayak.
- Surfboat Rowing — a team of riders compete using surfboats on a course out and back through the surf.
- Surfing — participants stand on a surfboard, and use the waves for propulsion.
- Surf Lifesaving — competitions consist of performing various tasks performed by lifeguards in the beach.
- Kitesurfing — a board and kite are used on the water utilizing different styles consisting of freeride, speed, down winders and racing.
- Open Water Swimming — competitive swimming races conducted over various distances (10km at the Olympics) held in rivers, lakes and oceans.
- World Beach Games - this event is in planning, 20 sports will feature on the program, which will be a mixture of sports traditionally played on sand - like beach volleyball and beach football - and others which take place on the water, such as dragon boat racing and wakeboarding.
- about the Asian Beach Games and other Beach Games multi-events.
- About the Nude Beach Olympics (unusual sports)
- Rules of Beach Cricket
- the new sport of Rebound Beach Volleyball
- list of All Sports