Referencing Pages of this Website
If you need to provide a reference for your information source, there are a few 'standards' for citing pages, examples shown below. You can use one of these reference styles and insert the correct details, or use the style recommended by your institution.
The details you need to reference any of the pages of this website can be found at the base of most pages. Look there first.
- Author Name: In most cases (especially if no other author is listed) the content is created by Robert J Wood.
- Published Date: This is the date that the information was first placed online. The base of each page has this date. In many cases (except for new content) this date is estimated, as this information has only recently been added to the site.
- Retrieved Date: use today's date (or the date the article was accessed if not today)
- Website Name: Topend Sports
- Website URL: http://www.topendsports.com
- Article Title: The title of the webpage is often at the top of the browser window. The information listed at the base of each page has this information too.
- Webpage URL: the website internet address of the page being cited, usually starting with http://...
Citation Format Examples
APA Format (American Psychological Association)
Format: Last, F. M. (Year, Month Date Published). Article title. Retrieved date from URL
Example: Wood, R. J. (2010). Complete Guide to Fitness Testing. Topendsports.com. Retrieved 7 January 2015, from http://www.topendsports.com/testing/
Format: Author/editor Year of document (created or revised), Title of document - italicized, URL, [Accessed date of viewing (date month year)].
Example: Wood, R. J. (2010). Complete Guide to Fitness Testing. [online] Available at: http://www.topendsports.com/testing/. [Accessed 7 January 2015].