The World Fitness Level is an online calculator which enables visitors to simply calculate their fitness level based on a series of questions. There are several other questionniare based fitness tests, such as the Topend Sports devised The Fitness Quotient, and The International Fitness Scale (IFIS). When physical testing can be conducted, it would be the preferred method of measuring physical fitness, though these methods provide an alternative when actual testing cannot be performed.
The calculator is based on the research of The K. G. Jebsen Center of Exercise in Medicine at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology. The data collected is used in a large interantonal study of the distribution of fitness level around the world and it's association with risk factors.
- City and country where living
- Education level
- Gender and age
- Height and weight
- Maxiumum heart rate (which is estimated if not known)
- Exercise frequency, duration and intensity
- Wasit measurement
- Resting heart rate
- The Fitness Quotient — a questionnaire devised by Topend Sports which gives a measure of fitness based on the answers to 10 simple questions.
- The International Fitness Scale (IFIS) — questionnaire based test of fitness.
- FitnessAge — an online fitness assessment tool to calculate the FitnessAge of a person.
- More on the measurement of a fitness index
- PARQ — pre-exercise questionnaire.
- Other athletes and sport Questionnaires
- Other Sport Science research project ideas.