Target Archery is a variation of archery, and it is also the most popular among the variations. Competitors shoot arrows at stationary circular targets at different distances. The players may use all kinds of bows: longbow, barebow, recurve, and compound bows.
Target Archery may be indoor or outdoor. It’s usually played indoor during fall and winter. Players compete at a distance of 18 or 25 meters. During spring and summer, target archery is played outdoors. The players compete at a further distance. For adult men it’s 30, 50, 70, and 90 meters. For adult women it’s 30, 50, 60, and 70 meters.
- Field Archery — a form of archery which involves shooting at targets of varying distance, often in rough terrain.
- 3D Archery — a form of archery in which the goal is to strike targets in the shape of animals at unknown distances.
- Crossbow Archery — an archery discipline in which a crossbow is used instead of a regular bow.
- Darchery — a combination of darts and archery, using bows and arrows typically used for archery, but the target is a dart board.
- Knife Throwing — like archery, the knife is thrown towards a target.
- Axe Throwing — competitors throw axes at a circular target.
- Aall about Archery Sports — competitive archery involves shooting arrows at a target for accuracy from a set distance or distances.
- Complete list of sports
- The Encyclopedia of Sports