There are a range of fitness components that contribute to successful Rugby Union performance. More than one is usually important, though in this poll we ask you only to nominate what you consider the most important fitness component. Different physical attributes are required for league, so there is a similar question for Rugby league.
Disclaimer: These polls are not scientific, and only reflect the opinion of visitors to this website who have chosen to participate.
- more rugby polls, including about the fitness components for Rugby league
- More about components of fitness
- Top ranking sports for fitness components
- List of Sports and Fitness Polls
- Other fitness polls
- suggest a poll
Commenting is closed on this page, though you can read some previous comments below which may answer some of your questions.
- Power is made up of strength and speed. But if you do not have muscular endurance you will not be able to perform 'powerful' tackles in the 79th minute of a match. . Cardiovascular endurance is also key so you can keep going (from Magic Mike, Apr 2013)
- I think having legs is the best fitness components (from Andrew Parker, Mar 2013)
- This is wrong, cardiovascular is more important (from inbred killer, Sept 2012)
- Power gives you the ability to push through many rucks, mauls or scrums also the ability to break through a tackle. Although this is required mostly for the forward pack and not the backs as they rely on speed, agility and fitness more or less. (from ag, July 2012)
- It's clearly power that is most important (from jamie situation, Nov 2010)