Golf made a return to the sporting program for the 2016 Olympic Games, though not everyone agrees that it should have. Golf has been part of the Olympics before. Some critics have said that it will mess up the PGA Tour season. Should it be in the Olympics?
After 554 votes (from 2016-2020), the 'no' vote has won out, but it was fairly close. Golf has remained on the program since 2016, so there must be plenty of people who believe that it deserves its place in the Olympics.
Should Golf be a Sport at the Olympics?
Disclaimer: These polls are not scientific, and only reflect the opinion of visitors to this website who have chosen to participate.
- About Golf at the Olympics
- More golf polls and Olympics polls
- List of Sports and Fitness Polls
Commenting is closed on this page, though you can read some previous comments below which may answer some of your questions.
- No baseball, softball, or wrestling, but table tennis, badminton, now golf??? It's crazy!! (from JAS, Feb 2013)
- Watching the same guys play at the Olympics as I see on Sunday afternoons all year long - what a bore. Golf already has multiple major championships. I feel the same way about tennis. At least soccer is an u-23 tournament. I don't understand how wrestling could be dropped - The world has lost a great tradition. Is this a conspiracy against Iran and the other wrestling nations? (from Rathbone, Feb 2013)
- My son is 14 years old and is now playing a handicap of 4.2 his aim is to go to Rio, is it a Qualifier for all or will it be just for professional golfers? (from Rick Clover, Aug 2012)
- All sports are equal then why not golf and rugby. (from Deepak, 11 Aug 2012)
- Not exciting enough (for me) as an entry for an Olympic sport (from yorkrose26, July 2012)