Who was the fittest - Mohammed Ali or Mike Tyson?
It is always difficult to compare two sports people, and more difficult when they are from different eras. Both of these boxers were very successful, but who was better in terms of fitness?
Disclaimer: These polls are not scientific, and only reflect the opinion of visitors to this website who have chosen to participate.
- List of all boxing polls
- More fitness polls
- List of Sports and Fitness Polls
- suggest a poll
- Head 2 Head - more sports comparisons
The clear leader in this poll is Ali, with some interesting points brought forward in the comments, some of which are listed below. Of course no one could know the correct answer, but my opinion would be that Mike Tyson would be classed as fitter, being less of a natural and having to train harder. I still think Ali would win easily in a head to head match.
- Tyson has had better technological testing equipment while Ali only had a skipping rope.
- I think Ali went the distance more times than Tyson,Tyson was strong and explosive but I have my doubts about the endurance factor.
- Ali would be classed fitter because he would have been drug free and was the greatest boxer that has ever lived!
- Man!!!!it is really bizarre and preposterous to even talk of the great ALI in comparison to a null headed and foolish Tyson. How could u guys compare!!
- Tyson no doubt. Of course the science of conditioning was much advanced in Tyson's era.
- Ali's approach was to dance, especially in his prime. The fact that he could do this in his prime for the full fight indicates his superior fitness.
- Mike Tyson has no right being mentioned in the same breath as ali. Ali was always a true professional and NOT a rapist.
- This poll could be biased because of the training equipment used in the different technology which is available to Mike Tyson.
- Ali was a natural whereas Tyson was a beast
- Ali by far the better fighter and man. Great shape when he was in his 20's. a credit to the sport of boxing.
- Tyson probably had more powerful punch, but ali was a better conditioned (overall).
- I think Mike Tyson had great power and didn't give up. But Mike Tyson didn't have what Ali has and that's fast agility, endurance, and of course heart.
- Ali was conditioned to go the distance, while Tyson usually went a couple rounds
- Ali in his early years was always in shape. Ask Farina! It was not until he came back that he failed to train hard.