The international sporting event, World University Games, previously known as Universiade, is organized for university athletes by the International University Sports Federation (FISU). The event is the largest global multi-sports event for student athletes. There are Winter and Summer editions of the Games.
The FISU World University Games is open to competitors between the ages of 17 and 25 in the years of the games, who are full-time postsecondary students (University, College, CEGEP) or have graduated from a post secondary institution within the previous year of the event.
- The next Summer World University Games that was due to be held in Chengdu, China in 2021 was postponed until 2023. The 2021 Winter World University Games was canceled.
- Lake Placid 2023 FISU World University Games Winter (12 to 22 January 2023)
- Chengdu 2021 FISU World University Games Summer (28 July to 8 August 2023)
- Torino 2025 FISU World University Games Winter (13 to 23 January 2025)
- Rhine-Ruhr 2025 FISU World University Games Summer (16 to 27 July 2025)
- Chungcheong, South Korea 2027 FISU World University Games Summer
- Other International Multi-Events
- Major events for University students
- Major events for school children
- 10 Tips for International Student-Athletes — student athletes a lengthy study trip away from home can be a challenging. Here are ten suggestions to help you adjust quickly and efficiently.