The championship series of the National Basketball Association (NBA) is called the NBA Finals. The series is played between the winners of the Western and Eastern Conference Finals, in a best of seven series of games.
The first NBA Finals was held in 1947, since then the NBA Finals has been played at the end of every NBA season. The winners of NBA Finals series are awarded the Larry O’Brien Championship Trophy.
The winning team of the NBA Finals since 1985 is determined through a 2-3-2 format—the first and last two games of the series being played at the arena of the team who earned home court advantage by having the better record during the regular season.
- NBA Finals Trivia
- NBA Winners List — list of winners for all competitions since 1947.
- NBA Finals MVP — list of winners of the most valuable player of the NBA Final Series
- NBA MVP (Season) — the most valuable player of the regular NBA season
- More basketball major events
- More about the sport of basketball
- Basketball events calendar
- Sport in the USA