Axilla (Midaxillary) Skinfold
The axilla skinfold site is one of the less common locations used for the assessment of body fat using skinfold calipers. This site is also called the Midaxillary Site. I have also come across another skinfold site along the mid-axillary line, though at the level of the umbilicus. See the complete list of skinfold sites, and the general procedure for taking skinfold measurements.
- At the point where a vertical line from the mid axilla (middle of armpit) intersects with a horizontal line level with the bottom edge of the xiphoid process (lowest point of the breast bone).
- Vertical pinch
- This measurement site is not commonly used.
- This site has also been known as the Axilla and Midaxillary Site.
- Some variations of this site has the measurement taken horizontally.
- Another variation of this skinfold site is also along the mid-axillary line, though at the level of the umbilicus (trunk skinfold?). See also the iliac crest skinfold site.
- Description of all skinfold sites
- Skinfold measurement procedure
- About body composition tests
- Skinfold Results
- Videos of Anthropometric Tests including Skinfold Testing.