Rugby Funny Sporting Quotes
Here is my top 10 list of favorite funny sporting quotes from the sport of Rugby.
- Before the New Zealand v England World Cup semi-final: "Remember that rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Jonah."
- "You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late."
- "The relationship between the Welsh and the English is based on trust and understanding. They don't trust us and we don't understand them."
- "We've lost seven of our last eight matches. Only team that we've beaten was Western Samoa. Good job we didn't play the whole of Samoa."
- "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday."
- On his successors in the Oxford University backs: "I've seen better centers in a box of Black Magic."
- "I think you enjoy the game more if you don't know the rules. Anyway, you're on the same wavelength as the referees."
- "The first half is invariably much longer than the second. This is partly because of the late kick-off but is also caused by the unfitness of the referee."
- To Princess Anne's son Peter Phillips, Gordonstoun School's rugby captain, for his pre-match coin-toss preference: "Grandmother or tails, sir?"
- On Wales losing 28-9 against Australia: "No leadership, no ideas. Not even enough imagination to thump someone in the line-up when the ref wasn't looking."