Ice Hockey Funny Sporting Quotes
Here is my top 10 list of favorite funny sporting quotes from the sport of Ice Hockey. The first and my favorite is one of the most quoted in hockey.
- I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.
- "Goaltending is a normal job, sure. How would you like it in your job if every time you made a small mistake, a red light went on over your desk and 15,000 people stood up and yelled at you?"
- "That's so when I forget how to spell my name, I can still find my clothes."
- By the age of 18, the average American has witnessed 200,000 acts of violence on television, most of them occurring during Game 1 of the NHL playoff series.
- A puck is a hard rubber disc that hockey players strike when they can't hit one another.
- ”The only way you can check Gretzky is to hit him when he is standing still singing the national anthem.”
- ”The three important elements of hockey are: forecheck, backcheck and paycheck.”
- Half the game is mental; the other half is being mental.
- "The only difference between this and Custer's last stand was Custer didn't have to look at the tape afterwards".
- A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.