Dr Vassilios McInnes Spathopoulos graduated from the University of Glasgow (UK), with a joint honors degree in Aerospace and Electronic Engineering, in 1995. The following year he completed a MSc course in Flight Dynamics at Cranfield University (UK).
He currently teaches undergraduate subjects at the Department of Aircraft Technology, at the Technological Education Institute (TEI) of Chalkis, Greece. His research interests include the aerodynamics of sports balls and improving engineering education.
Articles by Vassilios Spathopoulos
He has published the following articles on this website:
- Center of Gravity — the point about which the distribution of weights is symmetrical is the center of gravity of the body.
- Coefficient of Restitution — examples of the coefficient of restitution in sports, the value representing the ratio of speeds after and before an impact.
- Centripetal Force — the force responsible for the change in the direction of a body in turning motion.
- Swimming Hydrodynamics — the forces that act on a swimmer in the horizontal direction are thrust provided by the it, and vertically the buoyant force.
- The Discus Paradox — The effect of air resistance for discus throwing may not be as you expect.
- Buy the ebook "An Introduction to the Physics of Sports" by Dr Vassilios M Spathopoulos
- More Books on Sports Biomechanics
- More on the Physics of Sport