Calf Muscle Stretch - Soleus
Muscles Stretched: Soleus
- Stand with one leg in front of the other, with both feet pointed forward. Place hands on a wall or similar for support
- Keep back knee bent, with the heel pressed to the floor
- Push your hips forward, while pressing your back heel to ground
- Hold the stretch
- Repeat on each leg
- All stretches should be felt in the back leg NOT the front leg.
- The calf muscle group is made up of Gastrocnemius and Soleus muscles. In general, stretches that bend the knee focus on the soleus muscle, while stretches that straighten the knee focus on the gastrocnemius muscle.
- The information about each stretch should be read in conjunction with the stretching guidelines
- see the similar gastroc stretch.
- Description of the anatomy of the calf muscle group.
- See stretching guidelines for further instructions.
- Complete stretching list
- why Spider-Man?
- See also tests to Measure Flexibility
- See all flexibility images in the Stretching Exercises Clipart Image Collection
Related Productscomments powered by Disqus