Overhead Shoulder Stretch
Muscles Stretched: deltiod middle head, lateral and medial head of triceps.
- Stand straight with your shoulders back, chest out, and feet shoulder width apart.
- Raise one arm overhead, bend the elbow, and place your the hand behind your neck.
- With your other hand, grasp your elbow and gently pull it behind your head.
- Hold the stretch
- Relax and repeat with opposite arm.
- To increase the amount of stretch, at the same time, with the hand that is behind your head, attempt to reach down between you shoulder blades and along your spine.
- See stretching guidelines for further instructions
- Browse the complete stretching list
- See also tests to Measure Flexibility
- See all flexibility images in the Stretching Exercises Clipart Image Collection