Chair Dips at Home
This test is part of the home fitness program, fitness you can do at home with minimal equipment.
Equipment Required: two sturdy chairs, a step, or other stable surfaces.
- Position yourself between the chairs, supporting your weight on your hands and with your feet out in front of you.
- Slowly lower yourself until your upper arms are parallel to the seat of the chairs
- Hold in lower position before pushing back up until your arms are fully extended again.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions
Key points to remember
- Keep your head up, looking straight ahead, throughout the exercise
- Don’t bounce at the bottom of the movement.
- The intensity of this exercise can be adjusted by using steps or chairs of different heights
- Increase the intensity of this exercise by putting your feet up on a chair too.
- You may be able to do this exercise using a single chair