The Olympic Games
Rio was the most recent host of Summer Olympic Games, the first South American city to host the Games. The Winter Olympics will be held in 2018 in Pyeongchang, and Tokyo will host the 2020 Summer Olympic Games.
- IOC recognized sports [Dec '16]
- analysis of 2016 medal predictions [Aug '16]
- Tokyo 2020 sports [Aug '16]
- Refugee Team [Aug '16]
- anthropometric analysis of all-round gymnastics winners [Aug '16]
- Countries Banned [June '16]
- Technology and the Olympics [June '16]
- Olympic Cheats [June '16]
- Aquatics at the Olympics [May '16]
- list of sports for each Olympiad [May '16]
This site contains interesting facts and fun things to do with the Summer Olympic Games throughout the ages.
- Olympic Games history and list of mascots.
- There are famous and not so famous Quotes from Olympians or about Olympians.
- there is an extensive list of Olympic Trivia sorted by year.
- read profiles of Past Olympic Champions, the oldest and youngest and even some Royalty.
- medal tables from every year, with analysis and other info about medals and medalists.
- and heaps of links to other Olympic information, posters, athlete highlights, media and books to purchase.
- Science and the Olympics
The Olympic Motto
In 1921, Pierre de Coubertin, the founder of the modern Olympic Games, borrowed a Latin phrase from his friend, Father Henri Didon, for the Olympic motto: Citius, Altius, Fortius ("Faster, Higher, Stronger").
- Don't forget to check out this fascinating section on Discontinued Olympic Sports, and other Olympics Sites
- Try our Olympic Games Quiz Questions on the Quiz Section. There are also Olympic Games Polls.
- See the section on Australia at the Olympic Games
- Information about Olympic Pin Collecting.
- Nutrition at the Olympics.
- some Olympic symbols and images in the clipart section, and Olympic Games public domain images.
- read the Olympics entries on the sporting blog.
- Art and the Olympic Games.
- Olympic Games videos.