Australia at the Olympic Games
Welcome to this Olympic website, which has facts and figures and trivia concerning Australia's participation at the Summer and Winter Olympic Games throughout the modern era.
- Australia at the Rio Olympics [Aug '16]
- Australian Winter Games Medalists [Feb '10]
- Australia's Winter Olympic Medal Tally [Feb '10]
- Australian in the Winter sports of speed skating, Aerials, and Bobsled [Feb '10]
- Aussie Olympic Firsts [Feb '10]
- Aussie Olympic Games Quiz Questions [Dec 09]
- Greatest Aussie Olympians? [Feb 09]
Australia is one of only two countries to have participated in every single modern Summer Olympic Games. They have hosted the Games twice, in Melbourne in 1956, and Sydney in 2000. At the Winter Olympics, Australia has an outstanding record out of the countries of the southern hemisphere. Relative to the Country 's population they have one of the best success rates. This is a record that is well worth the celebration with this web site.
Greatest Aussie Olympians? - here is our selection of what we think should make this list of the greatest Olympic champions throughout the ages.
- Trivia — Did you know that Australia is the only nation in the southern hemisphere to host an Olympic Games, and that we have done it twice? See also the list of Olympic Firsts.
- Quotes — What was Norman May's famous swimming quote in 1980? Find out this and more on the Quotes page.
- Olympiads — Information about Australian teams at each Summer and Winter Olympic Games
- Olympian Profiles — Here are some profiles of Australia's Past and Present Olympic Champions.
- Sports — about the Australian team for each sport at the Olympic Games.
- More Information — Here you will find Australian-specific Olympic Information. Also see some Olympics books to purchase.