Unusual Sports Around the World
Here are some of our large list of unusual sports from around the world, categorized into the country you can see it played or join in the fun.
If a sport is predominantly played in one country, it is listed there. Many still remain in the general category, as many sports are played all around the world.
Countries like the UK, USA and Australia have their fair share of unique unusual sports events.
- Running with the Bulls — mix it up with the bulls in Pamplona in Spain.
- Running of the Nudes — alternative to the bull run.
- Kastenlauf — run, carry and drink a crate of beer
- Mud Olympics — getting messy in a variety of dirty sports
- Pillow Fighting — a real-life semi-professional women-only sporting event
- Road Bowling — look out cars, a rock's coming.
- Haggis Hurling — throwing a haggis as far as possible for distance and accuracy
- Botaoshi — a tough and crazy game like capture the flag played in Japan.
- Ban'ei — a Japanese horse race which requires a draft horse to pull a weighted sled up sand ramps.
- Rural Games — a uniquely New Zealand event comprising a large range of unusual sports and games.
- Jaffa Race — racing jaffa lollies down the world's steepest street in Dunedin
- Zorb Ball — rolling down the hill.
- Land Diving — dry land bungy jumping.
Do you have a suggestion? Another sport to add to the list? Then, contact me.