AFL Combine Results 2014 State Screening
Here are a selection of fitness test results from the State Screening part of the 2014 AFL draft combine. In addition to the players that were tested in Melbourne, the next level of players are invited to attend a state combine event (see list of players tested)
The protocol used is slightly different, at the state screenings the players have just one day compared to the national combine where the tests were spread over several days with much more time for recovery. Compare the results below to the top national draft camp results for 2014.
Selected Results - WA
18 WA players attended the State Draft Combine held at Revolution Sports in Shenton Park on October 12.
- Shane Yarran (Subiaco, cousin of Carlton's Chris) won the 20m sprint in 2.82sec. - the second-fastest time this year and equal fifth quickest in draft testing history. Second was Brad Walsh (Peel Thunder, WA under-18 captain) in 2.97sec.
- Ryan Lim (Midfielder from Claremont) won the agility test in 7.77sec, 0.01sec off Stephen Hill's record. Brad Walsh ran 7.88sec.
- Cameron Loersch (South Fremantle) finished top in the standing vertical jump with 72cm
- Adam Creeper (Subiaco) highest in the running vertical jump with 86cm.
- Jared Hardisty (Claremont) won the beep test with 15.4. Second was Ryan Lim with 14.7, and third Brad Walsh.
Selected Results - SA
State Draft Combine was be held in Adelaide on October 11 for players nominated by up to four AFL clubs.
Selected Results - VIC
A state draft combine was held in Melbourne on October 4 at Etihad Stadium, for 50 players from Victoria, NSW and Queensland, who were nominated by up to four AFL clubs.
- Adam Saad (CoburgFC) 2.86
- Shannon Taylor (VFL Dolphins) 2.91
Beep Test: Daniel Coghlan (Essendon VFL) 14.8
? Sean McLaren 97cm in the running leap
- Results as published online at AFL.com and elsewhere online
- National draft camp results for 2014.
- list of state testing players for 2014
- AFL Draft Camp Top Scores for each year.
- Description of the AFL Draft Camp Tests.