AFL Draft Camp Results 2011 State Screening
Here are some fitness test results from the State Screening part of the 2011 AFL draft camp. In addition to the players that were tested in Melbourne, the next level of players are invited to attend a state combine event. See also top national draft camp results for 2011.
Selected Results - WA
- 20m sprint time, 2.84sec by West Perth midfielder (and former St Kilda rookie) Mark Hutchings This was quicker than anyone at the national combine. He also ran a 14.10 beep test and produced the equal best result of 29 out of 30 for a handball test. he also ran a repeat sprint time of 24.01s that would have seen him place inside the top five at the national combine.
- Beep Test, 16.2 by Claremont on-baller Kane Mitchell. Also achived 2.86 seconds in the 20m sprint, and 28 out of 30 for the handball exercise.
- Aaron Sandilands' 'little' brother Chad was the tallest player tested at 204.5cm.
- Claremont teenager Angelo Thomas missed the original testing day, but later completed the tests. Thomas struggled with the beep test and slipped a lot in the agility test, but showcased his speed with a 2.92sec. time for the 20m sprint. He wasn't required to do the kicking or handball tests.
Selected Results - SA
- Glenelg forward Jordan Murdoch got 2.76 secs in the 20m sprint test - which was just outside Joel Wilkinson's national combine record of 2.75s set in 2010.
Selected Results - VIC
- The Bendigo Bombers' Ben Duscher scored 28 out of 30 in the Nathan Buckley Kicking Test.
- NSW Ram Harry Cunningham was quickest in the agility drill with a time of 7.93s (which also would have placed inside the top five at the national event)
- Northern Jets' Adam Flagg scord 28 out of 30 in the Matthew Lloyd Clean Hands Test - equaling the top score of Elliott Kavanagh at the national meeting.
- Beau Black (NSW/ACT RAMS) achieved a standing vertical jump = 79cm (1cm higher than 2011 National AFL Draft) and running vertical jump = 99cm (7cm higher than 2011 National AFL Draft)
- Results as published in the West Australian and online at AFL.com, plus personal communications.
- National draft camp results for 2011.
- AFL Draft Camp Top Scores for each year.
- Description of the AFL Draft Camp Tests.