Here is a collection of articles about different sporting injuries and description of some treatment procedures. See also the articles on Sport Specific injury treatment and prevention.
General Sports Injury Articles
- What is R.I.C.E. and why do you need it?
- No HARM Principle — complementing RICE.
- Tendonitis and the Effects on Your Routine — a personal story about overcoming a tendonitis injury.
- Management of non-traumatic (overuse) injuries — Who, Why and How.
- Don't Let A Cramp Cut Your Run Short!
Common Sporting Injuries and Conditions
- Foot Injuries — foot injuries while exercising are common, but can be easily prevented. Here are some of the most common injuries and how to treat and prevent them.
- Groin Strains — treatment for this common sporting injury.
- A Stitch — what is it and what can you do about it.
- Blisters — avoiding and treating them.
- Sprains — treatment for the common injury of a sprained ankle.
- Muscle Cramps — what are they, and how to treat them.
- Assessing Concussion — some head injuries may appear to be mild but are known to have serious, long-term effects.
- Hamstring Tears — a common sporting injury.
- Tennis Elbow — it does not just occur in tennis players.
- Sport specific injury treatment and prevention.
- Sports Medicine for Health
- About physiotherapy for sports
Any comments, suggestions, or corrections? Please let us know.