Food today is not as nutritious as it used to be, true or false?
THIS IS FALSE
- The claim that the quality of our fresh food is declining and therefore supplementation is essential is an argument that has been thrown around for years. I know of no nutritional deficiency in today's food supply, more so there is an oversupply due to the amazing availability of all foods all year round!
- The other point to make is that, using an example of an apple, for an apple tree to grow and produce fruit it requires the right nutrients to be able to develop the fruit on the tree. If the nutrients were not available from the soil, the fruit would not flourish on the tree, and there would be no apple! Hence the theory can be dismissed.
- Over-processing reduces nutritional value; fresh is best!
- Variety is the key to getting all the nutrients needed in our diets.
- Vitamin supplementation — the good and the bad
- Vitamin D – deficiency and the effect on health
- Vitamin D and Sports Performance.
- More Health and Nutrition Myths
- Fitness and Weight Loss Myth