World Best Chin Ups / Pull Ups Scores
The chin up or pull up is a common fitness test for upper body strength. The usual fitness test procedure requires the participant to do the maximum number in an unlimited time. For record attempts, the criteria is often the most number of chin ups in a certain time period (1 minute, 1 hour etc.). Read a description of a pull up fitness test.
The hand grip technique can differ. With the palms facing towards the body is often considered a chin up, the palms facing away from the body a pull up. For these record lists, the results from attempts with either grip is considered.
Most in a minute
Here are the latest holders of the world record for the maximum number of chin ups or pull ups in one minute:
|51||20 June 2009||Jason Petzold||USA||Millington, Michigan|
|46||27 Oct 2007||Matt Bogdanowicz||USA||Fitness Together in Livermore, California (USA). See video|
|44||10 Feb 2007||Robert Natoli||USA||Oswego, New York (USA)|
|42||7 March 2006||Stephen Hyland||Great Britain||Stoneleigh, Surrey|
|40||4 Feb 2006||Robert Natoli||USA||Oswego, New York, USA|
|37||24 Aug 1996||Jean-François Huette||France||Festival des Records, Le Tour Blanche|
- Matt Bogdanowicz has always been an endurance freak - at age 9, he won the school’s competition for most sit-ups, with 3,000 nonstop crunches.
- Video of Bogdanowicz world record plus other pull up test videos
- procedure for Pull-up Testing
- where to buy pull-up or chin-up bars.
- more Fitness Testing Records and other Sporting Records
- More Records? I scan the internet for the latest athlete results. If you know of something I have missed, it would be great to hear from you.
- description of the chin up fitness exercise