Pooya Skinfold Caliper
Skinfold calipers are used in the measurement of skinfold thickness and the estimation of total body fat. There are a range of skinfold calipers available, including the following economical Pooya caliper, similar in design to the more popular Slim Guide caliper.
Pooya Skinfold Skinfold Caliper
The Pooya caliper is a high accuracy lightweight caliper, measuring to 0.5 mm and weighing less than 200 grams. It has been compared with Harpenden and Slim Guide calipers, which found a similar caliper pressure as Harpenden, and lower than the Slim guide caliper. The smaller size of the Pooya caliper make it easier for normal hand size people. It is suitable for use in research, teaching, clinics and at home. According to the manufacturers, the validity and reliability of this caliper has been tested on 200 subjects (very high validity [0.9983] 13.32% vs 13.41% and reliability=0.999).
Fat Calculator Software
The Pooya fat caliper has been developed by the same group that produces the free Fat Calculator Software, a handy program for calculating body fat percentage using a variety of formula.share this page:
- Skinfold Caliper Store
- Guide to Skinfold Calipers
- Take the poll about what caliper do you use, and see which one is more popular?
- Description of standard skinfold sites
- Skinfold measurement procedure
- About body composition tests
- Anthropometry Measurements
- Videos of Anthropometric Tests including Skinfold Testing.