Harpenden Skinfold Caliper
Skinfold calipers are used in the measurement of skinfold thickness and the estimation of total body fat. There are a range of skinfold calipers available, including the following.
The Harpenden Caliper is the gold standard caliper for skinfold measurement. This caliper is used as the criterion instrument by The International Society for the Advancement of Kinanthropometry (ISAK), and is used by many professionals and in scientific studies.
These calipers will measure accurately up to skinfold thickness of approximately 50 mm. The resolution is 0.2 mm units, though it may be accurately read from the scale to the nearest 0.1 mm. They are a very well made sturdy instrument, and quite expensive. If you are after a caliper to be used for the testing of elite athletes, such a quality and accurate instrument as this would be recommended.
- Skinfold Caliper Store
- Guide to Skinfold Calipers
- Take the poll about what caliper do you use, and see which one is more popular?
- Guide to correctly performing caliper Calibration
- Description of standard skinfold sites and the Skinfold Measurement procedure
- About body composition tests and other Anthropometry Measurements
- Videos of Anthropometric Tests including Skinfold Testing.