How can you tell you are a moke driver?
- You avoid taking too many
mates to the pub as the extra weight slows the car down.
- You find yourself saying 'It
goes better with just me in it'.
- You're the only guy in the
service station holding the nozzle right out of the hole and peering
- You say to your passengers
'when it touches the red, I have about another 5 kms left'.
- You rehearse your lines before
the police pull you over. "Exhaust? Loud?"
- You are an expert at 'identifying
cars from just the headlamps and...
- You keep saying 'is that a
moke behind, looks like moke lights... oh it's .not'.
- The rear side bins are used
to hold oil cans and bottles of water.
- You plan which engine parts
to take as spares on long trips.
- Your parking space on the
drive has a piece of oily carpet lying on it.
- You don't buy anything that
won't fit in your moke.
- You leave friends behind,
rather than getting a bigger car when going on holiday.
- You wave at people in a moke,
and they look at you as if you are driving an alien space craft.?? umm
hang on I am driving an alien space craft.
- You go shopping alone so you
can put your stuff on the passenger seat.
- You analyse possible girl
friends on their ability to fit in your car, and the amount of luggage
they might perceivable wish to carry on holiday, "one pair of knickers
will do you for a week darling"
- You live in fear of fat girls
coming up and saying nice car and then asking you for a ride, cause
you know they will beat you to a pulp when you tell them they won't
- When you jet-wash the car,
people come and say "it won't grow, no matter how much you water it!
- You can't park anywhere without
some old duffer telling you that he had a Moke in the 70's!
- You think a 1.3 is a big engine.
- The only way to get the whole
family to town is taking both moke's.
- You think a ford escort is
- You borrow a golf cart tire
when yours is flat.
- You say to the policeman "130
kms per hour? I've only got 100 on the clock!"