Water Polo at the Olympics
Water polo has been part of the Summer Olympics program since Paris in 1900. A women's water polo tournament was first introduced to the 2000 Sydney Olympics.
- Hungary have dominated Olympic water polo.
- Many know of the grudge polo match between Hungary and the Soviet Union played at the 1956 Games, soon after the Soviets invaded Hungary, but the result? Hungary won 4-0, then went on to win the gold medal.
- The best all-time performing Water Polo player at the Olympic Games is Hungarian player Dezső Gyarmati, who won three gold medals and one silver and bronze between 1948–1964. See more on the Greatest Water Polo Players at the Olympics.
- Water polo player Paulo Radmilovic of Great Britian has won 4 Olympic gold medals, however one of these was in a swimming event.
- more about the sport of Water Polo
- About Water Polo at the FINA World Swimming Championships and Commonwealth Games.
- List of Olympic Sports