the Paralympic Games
The precursor to the Paralympic Games was an event organized in 1948 for Second World War veterans with spinal injuries. See more history of the Paralympics.
- sport descriptions for boccia, para-archery [Jul 16]
- 2020 Tokyo Paralympics [Nov 15]
- Paralympics torch and relay [Aug '13]
- Paralympic Games Trivia [Jan '10]
- 2016 Rio Paralympics [Oct 09]
- 2012 Paralympics [May 09]
- 2008 Paralympics [Apr 09]
- Paralympics Host Cities [Apr 09]
- Classification Categories [Feb 08]
- Sports of the Paralympic Games [Aug 07]
Sixty years on the Paralympics is an integral part of the Olympic Games program, being hosted in the same city as the able bodied Olympic Games, and is held not long afterwards.
There was a lighting ceremony at Stoke Mandeville Stadium for the London 2012 Paralympics. There is a campaign for the Paralympic Torch to be lit at Stoke Mandeville Stadium before every Summer and Winter Paralympic Games from now on.
The 2018 Winter paralympics will be held in Pyeongchang, South Korea on March 9-18, 2018.
2020 Paralympic Games will be held in Beijing, China from 4-14 March 2020.
- Athletes compete in six classification categories, graded by severity. See Details of Categories
- There are currently 22 paralympic sports. See Details of Sports